Here you will find answers to the most commonly asked questions about my services. I’ll tell you though, nothing beats talking about all these topics in person. Send me an email, text me, whatever is best for you. We can schedule a phone call or meet up at a local coffee shop or wine bar. I’d love to hear all about your plans and collaborate with you!
WHAT PRINTED PRODUCTS DO YOU OFFER?
Since my photography studio is 100% custom I can luckily offer you almost anything your heart desires in the way of printing and displaying your cherished photos. If you have your own ideas, fabulous! However, if you are in need of suggestions of ways to best showcase your photography please contact me!
This is one of my favorite areas to discuss as I believe my work isn’t really finished until its printed and loved every day! Some ideas:
Custom Albums • Fine Art Prints • Custom Framing • Image Boxes • Canvas Prints • Gift Prints • Proof Sets
This is the very first question I get asked. Sometimes I get asked and I don’t even know the necessary “where”, “when”, and “how many” answers about a shoot. I just get an email asking, “how much”? So I’ll do my best to answer here, but remember, one size does not fit all! When in doubt, ask me directly. I’ll be sure to answer you right away once I get the details about your plans.
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday Weddings: starting at $2900. My most popular package includes two photographers, files, and an engagement session. Payments are due in 3 installments.
- Weekday Weddings & Elopements: You can expect to pay around $500 an hour. A minimum of hours may be required depending on the situation.
- Portraits: Packages range from $500 to $5000. My most popular option includes the shoot, and a combo print & digital file set.
- Commercial & Editorial: please inquire
To inquire and get a custom quote you can click HERE or use the contact button on the menu. I hope to chat with you soon!
Jennifer will always be the one to photograph your wedding.
When you hire my studio, you hire me. I will be the one at your wedding capturing your most cherished images. I will be the one that styles your images and designs your albums. You are allowing a stranger into your personal life and relationships; I don’t take anything about that lightly, and I will always be the person you can rely on.
I love to do engagement, couples, & portrait sessions! Whatever you want to call it, this is the best way for me to get to know how you photograph before the big day. It also gives you the time to acclimate to being photographed, in public, with (gasp) people watching! It is normal to be uncomfortable in front of the camera, but I always find it is better to work through this on a day other than the wedding whenever possible. I do my best to make it easy and fun, and it doesn’t usually take long for people to find their comfort zone in these sessions.
I find it helpful for couples to go through my engagement gallery prior to their session. That way, you have an idea of what we might be creating at your session and can get an idea of what we should do to make it more personal to you.
We generally have a 3-4 week turn around, with the only exception sometimes being around the Fall/Winter holidays. If you need your images back sooner, we can often accommodate you. All you need to do is ask!
You should hire me because I have 15 years experience as a professional, full-time photographer with over 300 happy couples and counting! I know what I’m doing and will always deliver my best work for you!
I have an eye for the details and timing that many others may miss. When you hire me, you will get art and quality. You will also receive a photographer who is deeply committed to creating images you will cherish forever.
I pride myself on the relationships I form with my clients, and the ways I am able to capture their connections, emotions and special moments with my camera. Most of my clients tell me I was the best investment they made at their wedding.
I hope for the opportunity to meet and work with you!
Although you absolutely may order after your wedding, keep in mind that I do offer nice incentives for ordering at the same time as when you book your wedding coverage with me. All images are available for 6 months after your wedding. You can call or email anytime to place individual orders. Your parents may contact me directly if they prefer. Parents’ albums will be discounted if ordered at the same time as a custom wedding album for yourself.
Yes! I travel to weddings all over the US and the world.
There is no travel fee for weddings in San Diego.
There is nothing more exciting to me as an artist than to photograph new places. I have been honored to photograph weddings from Japan to Jamaica, with every experience proving to be unique and worth every minute in that cramped airplane.
The added bonus is that when I am traveling for your wedding, I am spending much more time with you and your guests, lending to an even closer, personal connection to everyone involved. Because of this connection, your photographs will reveal your relationships on a much deeper level. Traveling together means I will understand even more how you relate to those around you over the course of a few days – and I am always excited to show those connections in your photos.
I DO NOT view a destination wedding as a vacation. I arrive with time to recover a bit from jet-lag and scope out your location. I spend my time prepping my gear and finalizing our shooting plans. On the wedding day, there is no time for sight-seeing before, I’m usually with you as you are getting ready. After the wedding, its time to sleep! The day-after is usually filled with more events for your guests or even a day-after shoot in town for the three of us. Then I’m flying back to my family. Destination events are awesome for the images they produce, but they are definitely not time-off for me in any way. Because of this, I quote based on coverage and albums needed + fair (as low as logistically possible) travel fees. I take care of booking all my own travel plans, you don’t have to lift a finger!
Images that have closed eyes, someone bumped into me, or an accidental pic of my feet are not included. During family photos I make take numerous photos to ensure eyes are all open, I do thin these out. Otherwise, if its a nice, printable image, it is definitely included.
Depending on how long I am with you you can estimate you’ll receive 50-75 images an hour minimum. I do not have a maximum cut-off.
That is tough question to tell you without having spoken to you about your plans. We need to talk a bit and determine what your plans are and how we can get you exactly what you want given the constraints of your location(s).
Roughly, you can figure we will cover:
- 1-2 hours getting ready
- family group photos (if requested)
- photos of the Bride and Groom
- cocktail hour
- entrance to reception
- dinner & dancing
- cake cutting (if having one)
Although my primary focus as a photographer is weddings, I do many other types of photography as well!
- Wedding rehearsal, bridal brunch, and other wedding related events
- Newborn photos, family group portraits, family reunions & professional head shot photography
- Travel stories: editorial and commercial work relating to lifestyle, food & travel.
I do not worry about how many pages are in your album. You will have as many as you need.
I want your album design to be beautiful, artistic, and let the images shine. I do this by allowing room for your images to “breathe” on each page.
You can select any album size you want to start with. Say 50, 70, or 90 images. If you feel like you need more images we can always add on more.
Designs are custom made for you and your wedding by Jennifer personally. Design work is never sent out to a 3rd party.
You are welcome to view sample album designs upon request.
If you are ready to move forward with booking me as your photographer, thank you!
- We should have already had an in-person or phone meeting to go over the details for your day.
- You should have already received a custom quote from me for coverage and products.
All you have to do now, is email me and tell me exactly what you want to book (based on your quote). I will put together an invoice and contract for you to review online. If all looks good, you can sign the paperwork online.
Wedding contract payments (including sales tax for CA residents) are broken into 3 parts.
- Part one books your date and is due with your signed contract.
- Part two is due about four months prior to your wedding day
- Part three is due two weeks prior to your wedding day.
- Extra time, add-ons or any other changes/requests that incur a fee are due at the time of request.
FORM OF PAYMENT
All pricing I quote you includes a 3% cash/check discount. If you prefer to pay with a credit card that is fine, we just eliminate the cash discount on the portion being paid with a card. Alternately I can take the cash-transfer checks that are sometimes included with your credit card statements for no additional fee.
On the day of your wedding you should be utterly “in the moment” and enjoying everything. After you have booked with me, here is how my process works to make sure you have the best experience possible both before and on the day of your wedding:
- TIMELINE: Together (with your coordinator and other vendors) we figure out the timeline schedule so that you can spend the most time with your friends and family and enjoy your day. It’s important for us to help you to be super organized ahead of time so that you can relax and not have to think about a single thing the day of. With the work done, you two can just bliss-out and have fun.
- STEALTH-MODE: I work primarily in stealth-mode, like a fly-on-the-wall, catching all those in between moments of you, and your friends, and family enjoying a smile or a hug or a tear. That said, I have no problem jumping in and directing people when needed, particularly for those family photos that everyone wants but nobody wants to actually do.
- DELIVERY: 4 weeks or less after the wedding you will receive your online gallery and images you can share with family, friends, and online. Soon after you will receive the image files that you can make prints from and share with your family for holiday cards and whatever you want.
- REVIEWS: I hope you love your photos so much that you leave me some nice reviews. Referrals to your friends and recommending that your venue put me on their referral list is the primary way I stay in business!
- ALBUM: If you have an album in your commission I will start the design once you receive your images. You’ll get a chance to approve the design of course. You can make any changes you need through our online proofing site. Then customize the covers, and display option to finalize.
- EXTRAS: We may be done with your photos, but I am happy to help your family with their orders if needed.
- FAMILY:Please don’t forget I hope to become your family photographer after this. Please call us for new babies, birthdays, anniversaries, reunions, and anything else that is a significant event and your family’s life. We are more than happy to be a part of it and record your Family history for you
This is tricky to explain. Bear with me here….
I will be giving you the right to print any digital files included in your commission for personal use. You will effectively own the images for personal use only. You will be able to make 200 prints for your holiday card or print gifts for your family!
All the planning sites that tell you you need to “own” your images are wording things wrong because even they don’t always understand copyright. It not so important who “owns” an image, it is more important to have “usage rights”. And you will have those.
Want more detail?
US copyright law says that the creator of the work (the photographer) is the copyright owner by default. Now don’t worry about this though. This has more to do with controlling who would make a profit off the images than you using them for yourself.
What it means is that even though I give you permission (personal “usage rights”) to do whatever you want with your images on a personal level, you just can use or sell them in relation to business or making a profit. You are not authorized to allow a 3rd party (grandma is ok) use of the images. So if your vendors, a blog, or a magazine want to use the images, they need my permission first. And they should ask me for them directly. If you decide to become a wedding coordinator and use your images on your new website, you would need my permission because that would be a business use.
Whew! I hope this made sense! Let me know if you have any questions!
Hi there! Thanks for visiting!
Up and coming photographers ask me all the time if they can shadow me to learn how I work. As much as I would love to have every last one of you visit me at my events, that is just not possible. My solution to this dilemma has been to offer occasional workshops and private mentoring. If this is something you are interested in, by all means, please email me and let me know what you are interested in learning about.
I shoot all Canon Mark III & IV digital gear with a variety of L lenses.
Can you copy the text on my website? About page? FAQ? Please don’t. That would be stealing. Thanks! – Jen
FIND OUT MORE